Community Engagement Manager, Year-Round Full Time, $55k-$60k DOE
Posted: June 20, 2022
We are seeking a highly organized and self-motivated leader to provide oversight for one of the core operations of our organization. SSPF is a fun, mission-driven partner with California State Parks. We are seeking a candidate who enjoys challenges, is naturally curious, and would be thrilled to work for an organization that is making a positive and lasting impact on the Lake Tahoe-Donner region.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Event planning, production, and management, ranging from small to large scale
- Grant writing and sponsorship acquisition for events and fundraising
- Collaborating with Communications Manager on e-newsletter, video production, ad placement, press releases, social media, etc. Includes marketing, advertising, and brand management
- Website and database management
- Donor and volunteer relations cultivation and retention
- Liaison with Events and Marketing Committees
- High level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and professionalism
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking
- Excels in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable managing databases and producing reports
- Minimum 2-year experience in event planning and production
- Minimum 2-year experience managing volunteers
- Proven experience with marketing and communications
- Social media management to include e-blast production
Experience and Education:
- Bachelors degree plus 2 years applicable work experience
- Experience in the planning and execution of special events and fundraisers
- Experience working with event vendors
- Marketing, public relations, and media experience.
- Creative, energetic, team-player, organized, friendly
- Respect for the rules and regulations of California State Parks
- Willingness to work with State Park staff and facilitate communication
- Must be able to follow policies and procedures and possess the ability to use discretion when non-routine situations arise
- Must be able to handle conflicts in a professional and non-confrontational manner
- Can manage several projects at once, able to focus on details, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Comfortable giving direction to vendors, volunteers, and others
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Willingness to perform light housekeeping
- Honest and no criminal record
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 25 pounds
- This is a year-round position. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, health benefits, 401K, plus a flexible work environment. $55-60K DOE.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for transport. Mileage expenses are reimbursed at the standard federal rate.
- Pre-approved expenses such as travel and other job-related expenses are reimbursable.
- Employee will have access to a laptop and printer for communication. Phone stipend is available.
- The Sierra State Parks Foundation is an “at-will” employer, which means that any employment relationship is entered into with the understanding that the employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge the employee at any time, with or without cause.
- SSPF is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Position begins immediately.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and references to
Heidi Doyle, Executive Director
For inquiries: 530-314-9731 (cell)
SUMMER 2022 OPPORTUNITIES
We are looking for Tour Guides and Visitor Center Ambassadors for the Summer Season!
Love sharing history? Want to work at famous historic homes and a castle? Are you a Tahoe local looking for a fun and meaningful summer job? We got you covered! Be a Tour Guide or Visitor Center Ambassador at Emerald Bay or Sugar Pine Point State Parks!
Starting salary is $20 per hour with a fun and creative group of Tahoe lovers! All training is provided and paid summer internships are available for current students. End of season bonus!
We are taking applications until filled.
Fill out the application (link below) and send the completed application to Heidi Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sierra State Parks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.