Volunteers are foundational to the continuity and inspiration of our work! Every year, volunteers support our special events and projects that connect visitors to the rich cultural heritage and natural resources of the Lake Tahoe-Donner region. Together, we preserve, restore, educate, and advocate for our parks – all while fostering kindness and stewardship that spans generations.
Volunteers get to be a part of our unique events and projects, receive park passes (minimum 40 hours per year of service), and have the knowledge of making a lasting impact. Because the Lake Tahoe-Donner region receives an increasing number of visitors each year, our parks need support from a dedicated team of volunteers now more than ever! Year-round volunteer opportunities include:
- Setting up for our one-of-a-kind special events.
- Front Desk support at Donner Memorial State Park, Sugar Pine Point State Park, and Vikingsholm Visitor Centers.
- Docent at the Hellman-Ehrman Estate, Vikingsholm Castle, and Donner Memorial State Park.
- Volunteer Garden Club at the Hellman-Ehrman Estate.
- Meet up and clean up days at Kings Beach State Recreation Area and at Donner Memorial State Park.
- Administrative Assistance at the SSPF office.
Become a volunteer! Select the button below to sign up for the SSPF volunteer team.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (530) 583-9911
Already signed up as a SSPF volunteer? Thank you!
Please watch the online orientation video if you are a new volunteer and then sign up for 2022 volunteer opportunities.
Did you know that volunteers can deduct unreimbursed mileage and other costs of doing volunteer work? The 2018 rate is 14 cents per mile!