Do you love the Sierra? Want to help restore and protect the Range of Light while gaining valuable environmental professional experience?
Apply today to become a Member of the 2019 – 2020 Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership (SNAP) and serve with Sierra State Parks Foundation.
The Sierra State Parks Foundation and SNAP are seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people to commit to 5 1/2 months of service, protecting Sierra natural resources and working to create sustainable communities. During the year, SNAP members serving at the Sierra State Parks Foundation will gain skills and technical training, mentor with outstanding environmental leaders and receive an education award at the successful completion of service.
The deadline for applying is February 14, 2020. Interviews will begin in late February.
Responsibilities & Projects:
Members will serve full-time, from early April – mid-September 2020. Projects & responsibilities will focus serving as the organization communications lead and assist with producing public education and outreach events. For more detailed service descriptions, please visit http://sierranevadaalliance.com/programs/sierra-nevada-americorps-partnership/join/.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees in marketing/media are highly desired).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
- Must not have a criminal history that precludes the applicant’s ability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monthly stipend of $1,345 per month
- Standard health insurance
- Up to 170 hours of technical, ecological and skills-development training throughout the year.
- AmeriCorps Education Award of $3,097.50 will be granted upon completion of the program for use on existing qualified student loans or future higher education expenses.
How to Apply:
1. Download the SNAP Member Application Packet with detailed application instructions here: http://sierranevadaalliance.com/programs/sierra-nevada-americorps-partnership/join/
2. Fill out the online SNAP Member application by clicking here.
3. Email your resume and a 1-page cover letter stating your interest in the SNAP Member position and your best qualifications for the position to email@example.com. Be sure to title your email subject: “SNAP Application 2020”.
Deadline to Apply: February 14, 2020!
For more information please contact:
- Sara Monson, Education and Communications Director for SNAP: 530-542-4546 x 701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or visit www.sierranevadaalliance.org.
- Denise Tran, Events and Communications Manager (SSPF): 530-583-9911 or email@example.com
All submissions are confidential. The Sierra Nevada Alliance and AmeriCorps are equal opportunity employers.