Leonid Meteor Shower Photography Workshop
November 18 @ 9:00 pm - November 19 @ 12:00 am$85
See Sugar Pine Point State Park through a new lens! ONLY 10 SPOTS AVAILABLE!
Join Truckee local photographer Grant Kaye for an exciting evening viewing Leonid meteor shower at gorgeous Sugar Pine Point State Park. Grant will share with you tips and tricks to capture shooting stars in your night photos at this beautiful West Shore location.
This fundraiser supports and benefits the interpretative mission of Sierra State Parks Foundation.
In the event of inclement weather (rain/snow/thunder & lightning), the workshop will be held the following day/night. Please note: cloudy skies are not inclement weather as clouds come and go. In the event of cloudy skies during a night workshop, students will be taught light paining and general night photography techniques.
A decision will be made no more than 24 hours prior to the workshop start time, and no less than 3 hours prior to the workshop start time. Students and Park administration will be notified via email.
Please make sure to bring:
- DSLR camera with manual exposure settings
- Lens(es) with manual focus, preferably “fast” lenses with f/2.8 or wider (I have canon lenses you can try)
- Cable release
- An empty memory card or two
- A fully charged battery (at least one, preferably two)
- A warm jacket and/or hat (temps this time of year are in the 50s – 60s at night but it’s been cold this week)
- Mosquito repellent if they bother you (non-DEET if possible as it melts plastic and is bad for hands on cameras)
- Sturdy shoes to walk off trail on rugged terrain
- A headlamp or flashlight with fresh batteries
- A snack if you need one
- I am happy to loan some of my Canon camera and lenses to those of you with a Canon mount during the class (as long as you promise not to drop them!)